September 9th at 8am - September 17th at 1pm
598 Dry Fork Road
Dates Coming Soon
66+/- Acres and House Located at 598 Dry Fork Road, Sanford, NC
598 Dry Fork Road, Sanford, NC
Selling in 3 parcels, individually, in combinations or as a whole. All survey activity after the sale will be at the expense of the buyer.
Properties are accessed from Central Church Road by traveling north on Dry Fork Road. The properties are at the end of Dry Fork Road. Dry Fork Road is a dirt road that is not NCDOT maintained. No road maintenance agreement currently exists for Dry Ford Road.
NC PIN #’s: 961057046300 and 961058913500
Deed Book: 906 Page: 0160
Tax Value = Assessed - $221,400; Appraised Value - $354,300; Property is enrolled in Forestry Use program.
66.04 +/- Acres
Zoned RA – Rural Agriculture
A proposed 50’ road easement is indicated on the sales mapping. This easement follows the current drive onto the property. A 30’ easement exists on the south boundary of Auction Lot 3 that provides access to the neighboring property. A power line easement exists across all 3 parcels being offered.
The pasture areas do not include the larger wooded areas. Fencing travels along the border of where grass areas meet the woodlands. All fencing is electric. Cross-sectioning of pastures do not always coincide with sales lines indicated on aerial maps.
Auction Lot 1:
- 14.5 +/- Acres Tract
- Built in 1930, wood framed structure with vinyl siding, crawlspace, and asphalt roofing
- 1690 SF - Heated and cooled (forced heat w/ oil furnace and air conditioning)
- 2 Bedrooms, 2 Bathrooms ( 1 full and 1 w/ shower)
- Dining Room w/ fireplace, Living Room w/ fireplace, Office/Sitting Room
- Wide plank pine floors in Living Room and Dining Room. Carpeted bedrooms and vinyl kitchen floor.
- Large front porch, side porch area and rear enclosed porch area.
- Living room fireplace is equipped for gas logs with LP tanks in place outdoors. Dining room fireplace has a wood insert present.
- The kitchen is equipped with a closet and pantry.
- Outbuildings consist of: - a wood framed granary/storage building; - tobacco barn; - barn. The two barns are inside the pasture area and have been used as shelter for cattle. Both are in need of repair.
- There is a conventional well enclosed in a block well house behind the home that supplies water to the home and property. There is also an original well in the side yard that is functional.
- Pasture encloses most of Auction Lot 1. Fenced areas do not include the wooded area behind the house and barns. The fence line is approx. along the edge of the forest areas.
Auction Lot 2:
- 13.9 +/- Acres
- Rolling pasture land. Some forestland on the rear, west end of the parcel.
- A working well with electric power is currently in use on this parcel watering livestock. A mobile home is located on this property and is titled to another party. The proximity of the well and mobile home would be an excellent potential home site.
Auction Lot 3:
- 38.9+/- Acres
- Rolling pasture and woodlands. The pasture area is the highest point on the parcel. Very little of the woodlands is inside the pasture.
- Timber was harvested from the wooded areas about 20 years ago. Volunteer growth in pine and hardwoods currently make us the woodlands.
Directions to the property:
- From Carthage on Hwy. 15/501 turn left (north) on S. Plank Road. Follow S. Plank Road north to Central Church Road. Turn right. Proceed approx. 1 mile to Dry Fork Road. Turn left on Dry Fork Road. Property is approx. ½ mile at the end of Dry Fork Road.
- From Tramway at Central Church Road and Hwy. 1 intersection turn southwest onto Central Church Road. Proceed approx. 4 miles to Dry Fork Road. Turn right on Dry Fork Road. Property is approx. ½ mile at the end of Dry Fork Road.
- 598 Dry Fork Road, Sanford, NC will work in most GPS applications.